- Lack of raw materials blamed for slashed supply target of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
A lack of raw materials used in the manufacture of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine played a role in the company's decision to slash its 2020 production target, a spokeswoman told Reuters.
- Astronomers share most detailed map yet of the galaxy
New data from the European Space Agency's Gaia spacecraft tracks the paths of thousands of stars over hundreds of millions of years from the present to the distant future, including waves of stars originating from an ancient galaxy collision.
- Biden says he'll call for 100 days of mask-wearing, will keep Fauci on
Joe Biden said Thursday that he will ask Americans to commit to 100 days of wearing masks as one of his first acts as president, stopping just short of the nationwide mandate he's pushed before to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
- In seismic shift, Warner Bros. to stream all 2021 films in U.S.
In the most seismic shift by a Hollywood studio yet during the pandemic, Warner Bros. Pictures on Thursday announced that all of its 2021 film slate will debut simultaneously in theatres and on HBO Max. In Canada the studio's films will launch theatrically along with other worldwide territories.
- U.S. judge dismisses criminal counts against employees in Missouri boat accident that killed 17
Judge dismisses criminal charges against three employees of the tourist duck boat, which sank during a storm on Table Rock Lake near Branson, about 270 km southwest of the capital Jefferson City.