- China will become carbon neutral by 2060, Xi Jinping says
The leader of the world's biggest polluter of greenhouse gases has pledged to go carbon neutral by 2060.
- 'Friends' gets revamped with all-Black cast in Zoom call
An all-Black cast, including Sterling K. Brown and Uzo Aduba, came together to reenact an episode of the iconic television sitcom "Friends" and encourage people to vote in the 2020 election.
- Analysis: A bubble of self-delusion in Washington
"Just remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening," Donald Trump told supporters in 2018. On Monday, as the terrible milestone of 200,000 Covid-19 deaths loomed, the US President put his motto into action.
- Trump again minimizes pandemic as officials warn of a fall surge
• Hear what Trump supporter told his daughter before dying • 'The virus is hurting us, not the public health measures,' Fauci says
- Why this year will be the first time Mike Tyson will vote
Mike Tyson, 54, has never voted before. He's changing that this election year.
- Plane carrying U.S. Vice-President Mike Pence returns to airport after striking bird
Vice-President Mike Pence's airplane struck a bird Tuesday on takeoff in New Hampshire, causing the pilot to return to the airport out of caution, the White House said.
- Trump executive order bans military, government contractors from some diversity training
U.S. President Donald Trump issued an executive order on Tuesday that he said would ban the military, government contractors and federal grantees from some diversity training.
- How the U.S. saw 200,000 people die from COVID-19 in 8 months
The U.S. death toll from the coronavirus topped 200,000 Tuesday, a figure unimaginable eight months ago when the scourge first reached the world's richest nation with its sparkling laboratories, top-flight scientists and stockpiles of medicines and emergency supplies.
- Mitt Romney's support strengthens Republican bid to move quickly on U.S. Supreme Court nominee
Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney said Tuesday he supports voting to fill the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat on the U.S. Supreme Court, all but ensuring President Donald Trump has the backing needed to push the nomination over Democratic objections that it's too close to the November election.
- Russia says world's largest nuclear icebreaker embarking on Arctic voyage
A nuclear-powered icebreaker that Russia says is the world's largest and most powerful set off on Tuesday on a two-week journey to the Arctic as part of Moscow's efforts to tap the region's commercial potential.